Apr 7, 2011

Ombre/ Dip Dye Hair. AND Summer Hair Color!

Hey everyone! I hope everyones week is going great and have some fun plans this weekend :D I don't have any :/
BUT anyways, this whole week I have been thinking of changing my hair... again. I have literally been dreaming about changing my hair!!! lol. But lately I have been liking the the whole trend Ombre/ Dip Dye hair.   (if you do not know what ombre hair is, check out the pics :)  When I first saw this trend, I HATED IT! My cousin and I were talking about how it looked like really bad grown out roots lol. BUT as I have been seeing more and more celebs with this hair, I have grown to love it. 
I am more about the subtle, natural kind of ombre hair than the obvious ombre hair (Drew Barrymore). 
Here are some ombre hair I have found...

all images via google

I have read about how to achieve the ombre look DIY and it seems pretty simple. I would do it myself if I am to! Also If I do this look, I want to use 3 different colors so it's a gradual transition. I think there is a HUGE advantage to ombre hair; the more your hair grows out, the better it looks!  So not roots! 

On the other hand...
Of course I have other ideas for my hair... I have actually have had this idea for sometime now but am so hesitant to actually go through with it! I want to go lighter! I have gone lighter about a year ago, and was going to gradually go blonde but it was just too much to keep up with because my hair is naturally dark brown and I felt like I had to constantly be tan :/
Other than all the negatives about it, It would be nice for a change and nice for summer!
Here are some hair colors I would love to have!


So give me some feed back!!! I would love to hear all of your opinions :)


11 comments:

Laiqah said...

OOO, go lighter!!! ^_^
I have always loved Eva Mendes and Jennifer Lopez' hair!
I have been lusting after that hair colour for years!

I think lighter would look gorgeous on you!

Maryam Maquillage said...

oooOOOooo I love the va-va-voom hair... Eva Mendes' hair is to die for!!!

http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com

Dani*LaLa said...

I would say just go for it =) LOL. I have never did anything to my hair except for cutting it and putting a relaxer in it. This style seems to look fun and love eva mendes hair so sultry and sexy =).

Shayla said...

@Laiqah Same! I have been looking and JLo's and Eva's hair color for about 3 years now!!! Thanks girl, now im really leaning towards getting it lighter lol.

@Maryam Maquillage Isn't it?!?! Her and her hair is gorgeous!

@Dani*lala Really?! Psh I wish I was easy on my hair like that. I'm happy tho because my hair bleaches well and doesn't get as damaged as most but it's still hard on my hair :/

Gaby Fauchon said...

Hmmm I don't know, I feel it's a trend only celebs could pull off...

Makeup and Mutts said...

I like the ombre hair color! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics, i am so into the ombre hair right now!

khmari123 said...

Jen, Eva, and especially Mally's love their color but is very hard to achieve.

Alexandra said...

I wanted to do ombre too, but my hair is so dry right now I thought my ends would just about break and fall off!! I think you should try it, I want to see what the DIY method would look like. Plus, if you really don't like it, you can just lighten the rest of your hair to match!

Anonymous said...

i really like ombre hair this is my actuall look , i m following (hey your familly is so sweet , i m also a mummy of two) xoxo

Shayla said...

@Gaby I have came to conclusion that is so lol. well I wouldn't be able to pull it off anyway. The stay home mom I am would def. not look fab with this, just over grown roots :/ Thanks for your opinion girl!

@Vintage Makeup I do too! but i don't think I could completely pull it off. I've started to lighten my hair so I can go light :)

@Sylvia Thanks! I think it looks A-mazing on some people!

@khmari123 I totally agree! I feel like when my hair is lighter and similar to theirs, I have to have my tan, I have to change my makeup and what colors of clothing I wear. and on top of that you need to keep on top of your roots if you have dark hair like mine, which can be really difficult :/
Thanks for reading girl!

@Ali Thanks for the boost to do it! but i'm actually just going to gradually lighten all of my hair until I reach a color I like lol. But isn't it such a unique hair color!? I really do want it but I really don't think I could rock it. Plus where I live, people would think my roots are soooo grown out hahaha. Thanks for reading!

@Beauty Combat Nice! I bet it looks fab! And Thanks girl!! It's always nice to meat another mommy in the beauty community :)
p.s. following your blog now!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...