Apr 20, 2011

Review: Garnier Nutrisse Multi-Lights Highlighting Kit

 Hey lovely's! So in one of my recent post, I was debating whether or not to do the whole 'ombre' hair or just go lighter. After thinking HARD, I came to conclusion that I want to go all over lighter. I decided not to go light all at once. I'm in the process of growing my hair out, and I want to make it as healthy as possible. So I am going to go gradually lighter. Currently my hair is dark brown. I had black over it but after 4 months I finally washed almost all of it out, enough to start bleaching. I bought a Garnier Nutrisse Multi-Light Highlighting Kit in Warm Broze. 
 It came with a direction guide, creme developer, highlighting power/ bleach, highlighting comb and conditioner. It also came with a plastic bowl and gloves.
 Here's my hair before. 
 The directions say to use the comb but I found that to not work as well as dipping your finger in the bleach, then going over where you combed. I waited about 20 min. rinsed, then used the conditioner it came with.
 Here is the outcome, I did bigger chunks because I want most of my hair blonde eventually. I really liked it and I thought it was a great step into getting my hair blonde especially it for it being so dark. 
 Here is how it looks with my black extensions
And here is how it looks when I wear my hair naturally curly. I'm planning on wearing my hair like this more often so I don't have to straighten and damage my hair more than I am when i'm bleaching it. 

What do you think???


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great, both straightened and curly, I love the way it looks! I'm thinking about going lighter too, so I might try Garnier Nutrisse and your method of applying it.. And I think less heat treatment is a great idea. I'd love to have natural curls like yours.

Dani*LaLa said...

I love your hair naturally curly it's super cute. I have recently decided to grow my hair out since I had a dream that my hair was long and gorgeous I currently have a bob with the back edged up hopefully this process goes the way I want. Good luck on your hair process as well

http://danilala88.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Shopalot12 said...

PRETTY! i LOVE your curls, my hair is naturally curly too, i just wish my curls were looser sometimes, it always looks good in pics tho ; )

Evelyn said...

Looks VERY cute on you.

Makeup and Mutts said...

Wow it turned out great!

Laiqah said...

Your hair looks great!
I love how it turned out!
And, your hair looks healthy, shiny and full of body... Jealous! :)

nk said...

Thanks for following babe!! Totally LOVE your blog, so cute!! Following you now :) x.x

Shayla said...

Thanks for reading everyone!

@Susalie Thank you! I have a love/hate relationship with my curly hair lol.

@Dani*LaLa I have had so many of those dreams! I used to have long hair way back when, totally regret chopping it off because it has taken soooo long to get to how long it is now :/

@CHAOTIC COOKIE Thank you!

@Shopalot12 Thanks girl! Yes curls can look so pretty but they can be a pain at times lol at least for me

@Vintage Makeup Thanks girl! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my posts! I really appreciate it!

@Laiqah Thanks!! Thats a huge complement to me because I have been trying sooo hard to keep it healthy + make it look full!

@Nida K of course! love your blog girl!!! Thank you for following back :D

Shayla said...

@Evelyn, Thanks girl!♥

JennyNiemann said...

You're hair turned out great! Looks very healthy! I never have good luck when it comes to at home highlighting kits.

WWW.Allthingsmakeup.net

Shayla said...

@JennyNiemann Thanks!! Oh, I was VERY hesitant to do this, but i'm happy with the results :)

Thelma said...

Hi
I am a brazilian girl! My name isThelma. I loved nutrisse multi lights i see in your blog. I want buy that, but here in Brazil i don t know where... you can help me?
Thank you

Dr. Health Clinic said...

Thanks for reading everyone!
Hair Doctor in Bangalore

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...